CERCLE DES JEUNES (YES-EU!) : Apprenticeship and dual system: a miracle cure for youth unemployment in the EU?
We are glad to invite you to the next meeting of our youth initiative “YES-EU!” (Young Europeans Supporting the EU !) on
16th September 2013 from 6:15 pm to 8 pm
At Confrontations Europe Brussels Office
19-21 rue du Luxembourg (subway Trône)
“Apprenticeship and dual system: a miracle cure for youth unemployment in the EU?”
- Jonas Berggren*, Director of the Brussels Office, Svenskt Näringsliv (The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise)
- Audrey Grandjean, Project manager, CCFEE (Commission Consultative Formation Emploi Enseignement)
- Ulrike Storost, Policy Co-ordinator Youth Employment, DG Employment, European Commission
* To be confirmed
The European Union, such as the Members States, are working on finding solutions to the growing youth unemployment in Europe. The informal Summit of Berlin on the 3rd July was one example: it aimed at discovering the different best practices in the different Member States, especially in terms of apprenticeship. Indeed, to fill the gap between the academic and the professional worlds, numerous experts consider apprenticeship as a good way to combine theoretical education with practical experiences. The education system of countries, where apprenticeship is a cultural and well developed element of a national system based on an efficient social dialogue, such as Germany, Austria or Denmark, are considered as a model.
During our session, we will learn more about the dual systems in Sweden and in Belgium: What works and what does not? What are the problems? How can the systems be improved? Does it need a cultural change?
We will then hear a representative of the European commission who will present us the “European alliance for apprenticeships”, launched in Leipzig at the beginning of June. How can the supply and quality of apprenticeships be increased across Europe? How do the firms and the social partners are involved into this project? How could the EU increase cross-border apprenticeship exchanges?
After the presentations of our guest speakers, we will have a Q/A session and a debate with them.
The meeting will be held in English.
+ d’info sur le Cercle des jeunes (YES-EU)
NOS DERNIERS COLLOQUES
Photos, slides, actes
- LES ENTRETIENS EUROPEENS en Pologne: Une initiative de la société civile pour l’appropriation nucléaire
- Séminaire "Travail, Emploi, Entreprise"
- Réforme de la formation professionnelle
- Internet and the transformation of the European social model
- Comité de parrainage sur le financement de long terme
- L'avenir de l'Europe - notre Assemblée générale
- Dialogue UE/RUSSIE: Filière Nucléaire : compétition et coopérations
- SEMINAIRE : "Avenir du travail et de l’emploi"
- Rénovation du marché intérieur
- Comité de parrainage : l'impératif industriel
- Déjeuners-débat sur la politique énergétique
- PAR THEME